CURRENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT
The A400S is our highest power controller that can be used for both Brushed and Brushless motors. It features hardware protections for overcurrent.
Quick tips on setup
Please be careful when programming settings.
We recommend detecting motors using the FOC motor setup wizard. This will automatically find the correct settings for your motor.
LiPo batteries are extremely dangerous if handled incorrectly.
ALWAYS run with a fuse.
20S (100V FETs)
200A continuous with no additional cooling
400A for 60s / continuous with forced air or water cooling
- Dimensions: 200 x 115 x 60mm
- Weight ~?g
- M10 screw terminal Battery inputs
- M10 screw terminal Motor outputs
- 20 Pin Pico-Clasp connector for IO
Hall, Motor temp, 5v, 3.3v, SWD, External ADCs, SPI, I2C, PPM, CANBus, Aux 12V
Motor Commutation Modes
- FOC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors, HFI
- BLDC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors
- DC - For driving brushed DC motors on outputs A and C.
Motor Control Modes
- Current - Controls current to motor irrespective of duty cycle
- Duty Cycle - Controls duty cycle sent to motor irrespective of current
- PID RPM control - Controls motor RPM using a PID loop, gives high torque even at low rpm.
- CANBus (UAVCANv0)
- 20S Model: 15-84v, 4-20S LiPo
DCDC at 100V MAX.
MOSFETs are 100V.
Electrolytic are 100V.
Ceramic are 100V.
- Active current limiting - actively limits motor current to stay below programmed limit
- Software over current protection - stops motor running if the current exceeds programmed limit
- Hardware over current protection
- Slow temperature cutoff - ramps down motor current when approaching programmed max temperature
- Battery voltage cutoff - ramps down motor current when approaching programmed voltage cutoff
- Under / Over Voltage cutoff - stops motor running if the voltage goes outside the programmed range
- Voltage surge protection
Programming features - using VESC®* Tool
- Adjustable current limits, Battery and Motor current are independently controlled
- Adjustable voltage limits
- Adjustable RPM limits
- Adjustable Power limits
- Adjustable duty cycle limits
- Adjustable regenerative braking
- Adjustable throttle curves and ramping time
- Real time and Sampled Data monitoring and graphing
- Automatic motor detection and tuning
The A400S runs the popular VESC®*-Project firmware by Benjamin Vedder.
* VESC is a registered TM, owned by Benjamin Vedder