More stock avaliable in Dec, limited by avaliablity of the high voltage DCDC converter chip.
The A200S is one of the smallest high current/voltage motor controllers available (110x40x28mm). Yet it packs a serious punch!
It has separate power and logic boards.
The A200S was designed specifically for use in Featherweight and Heavyweight combat robots. It runs the extremely popular VESC®*-Project firmware.
Battle hardened with neutral cure silicone rubber.
This is the first design to move away from the standard JST connectors found on many VESC®*-Project designs. We found these tend to pull out in combat and they take up too much space on the PCB to make a compact design.
For this reason we have decided to replace ALL the connectors (apart from USB) with a single 20 pin Pico-Clasp connector. This is a locking connector which lets you fit as many or as few pins as you want.
So if you only want PPM control you only fit the PPM wires. Each unit comes with a connector shell and enough pre-crimped wires to populate the whole connector. We leave it up to you to decide which connections you want.
All IO is protected with TVS diodes.
The unit can be powered by USB to allow tweaking settings without needing to connect main batteries. (Very useful when in the pits) Although you can't spin the motor like this.
Quick tips on setup
!!ONLY USE 1 BEC, cut the 5v wire on all but one or the BEC can be damaged!!
Max battery cable length without additional capacitors is 1m (Battery wires should be short, thick and grouped together, motor wires should be long. So best to place controller near battery with long wires to wherever the motor is located.)
Please be careful when programming settings. Start at low currents and work up. Setting everything at max during initial setup is a bad idea.
We recommend detecting motors using the FOC motor setup wizard. This will automatically find the correct settings for your motor. If you have problems getting your particular motor setup please contact us and we will do our best to help.
If you experience ABS overcurrent faults a lot your motor is badly tuned. Just turning up the abs max current setting is not a good solution as you are only masking the root of the problem. Please contact us for help with this.
High voltage LiPo is extremely dangerous if handled incorrectly. ALWAYS run with a fuse, especially for testing.
- 320A Burst
- Approx 100A continuous
- Hardware overcurrent over 400A
- Weight: ~350g with standard wire set
- Dimensions Overall: 111x47x28mm
- Mounting pattern: 4x M4, 101x18mm
- Battery connection wire length: 10cm
- Motor connection wire length: 30cm
- 6061-T6 CNC Machined Aluminium, black anodised heatsink.
- MJF 3D printed Nylon 12 case
- 6x M2.5 A4 stainless bolts
- Voltage filters, 3 low side shunts
- 3mm FR4 TG170 8Layer 4OZ PCB
- Protected supply outputs
- 12V 1A
- 5V 1A
- 3.3V 0.5A
- I/O protected by TVS
- USB can be used to power logic for offline programming
- Triple 12AWG input cables with XT60
- 8 AWG output cables with 6mm Lugs
-Logic connections (sealed to prevent ingress of debris)
- All in one 20pin Pico-Clasp locking connector provides all standard interfaces - PPM, CANBus, ADC, UART, Hall sensors, 5v, 3.3v, SPI, Buttons, Encoder, Motor Temperature, Shutdown pin, SWD Programming.
- NEW - 4 Pin Picoclasp locking connector for 12V Aux output and programming inbuilt ATTiny3216, provides hardware overcurrent and logging capability.
- NEW - SD Card slot for logging at up to 80Hz.
- NEW - USB Type C for connection to VESC-Tool
Motor Commutation Modes
- FOC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- BLDC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- DC - For driving brushed DC motors on outputs A and C.
Motor Control Modes
- Current - Controls current to motor irrespective of duty cycle
- Duty Cycle - Controls duty cycle sent to motor irrespective of current
- PID RPM control - Controls motor RPM using a PID loop
- ADC - For use with analogue throttles, supports cruise control and reverse
- UART - For PC control using VESC®* Tool and custom applications
- CANBus - For custom applications, also supports slaving controllers and traction control
- 8-80v, 16 cell LiPo maximum.
- Software over current protection
- Slow temperature cutoff
- Battery voltage cutoff
- NEW - Hardware overcurrent protection
Programming features - using VESC®* Tool
- Adjustable current limits, Battery and Motor current are independently controlled
- Adjustable voltage limits
- Adjustable RPM limits
- Adjustable Power limits
- Adjustable duty cycle limits
- Adjustable regenerative braking
- Adjustable throttle curves and ramping time
- Real time and Sampled Data monitoring and graphing
- Automatic motor detection and tuning.
- NEW - LiSP scripting support for custom functions
- NEW - ATTiny3216 with SD card for logging and hardware overcurrent
The A200S runs the popular VESC®*-Project firmware by Benjamin Vedder.
* VESC is a registered TM, owned by Benjamin Vedder