Currently working on new model V2.2 which is much smaller and lighter! Will be ready to order mid-end Feburary 2020
The A200S V2.2 is one of the smallest high current/voltage motor controllers available (110x46x30mm). Yet it packs a serious punch!
It has separate power and logic boards.
Quick tips on setup
Max battery cable length without additional capacitors is 1m (Battery wires should be short, thick and grouped together, motor wires should be long)
Please be careful when programming settings. Start at low currents and work up. Setting everything at max during initial setup is a bad idea.
We recommend detecting motors using the FOC motor setup wizard. This will automatically find the correct settings for your motor.
If you experience ABS overcurrent faults a lot, then increase your switching speed to 60KHz. Turning on high current sampling mode is not a good solution as you are only masking the root of the problem.
High voltage LiPo is extremely dangerous if handled incorrectly.
ALWAYS run with a fuse. We recommend a 150A or lower fuse.
100A continuous with no additional cooling
200A continuous with additional cooling - Air cooling kit available as an option above
- Weight ~260g
- Dimensions Overall: 110x46x30mm
- Battery connection wire length: 10cm
- Motor connection wire length: 15cm
- 6061-T6 CNC Machined Aluminium Heatsink anodised black and laser engraved.
- MJF 3D printed Nylon 12 top cover with pinout label
- Triple XT60 input connections (Maximum battery current is set to 180A on the input. So below 90% duty cycle you can use full 200A output current)
- 8 AWG silicone wire output
- Motor connector - Hall sensors, encoder, temperature
- Communications connector - ADC, UART, SPI, Buttons
- CANBus connector
- PPM/Servo connector
- Integrated 0.5A 5V BEC
- Optional - 12V 2.3A BEC (on Fan controller board)
Motor Commutation Modes
- FOC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- BLDC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- DC - For driving brushed DC motors on outputs A and C. (Can also be used as a current source or voltage source)
Motor Control Modes
- Current - Controls current to motor irrespective of duty cycle
- Duty Cycle - Controls duty cycle sent to motor irrespective of current
- PID RPM control - Controls motor RPM using a PID loop
- ADC - For use with analogue throttles, supports cruise control and reverse
- UART - For PC control using VESC®* Tool and custom applications
- CANBus - For custom applications, also supports slaving controllers and traction control
- 0-75v INCLUDING VOLTAGE SPIKES, 16 cell LiPo maximum (recommended 14S max)
- Optional - air cooling kit includes ultra high performance fan (San Ace 36), fan controller, extra heatsink and MJF (Nylon 12) air duct.
- At 12S and below you can use full current capability
- At 16S we recommend setting motor current below 150A, and battery current below 100A.
- New V2.2 has Hardware over-current and over-voltage protection.
- Software over current protection
- Slow temperature cutoff
- Battery voltage cutoff
Programming features - using VESC®* Tool
- Adjustable current limits, Battery and Motor current are independently controlled
- Adjustable voltage limits
- Adjustable RPM limits
- Adjustable Power limits
- Adjustable duty cycle limits
- Adjustable regenerative braking
- Adjustable throttle curves and ramping time
- Real time and Sampled Data monitoring and graphing
- Automatic motor detection and tuning.
Help and support available here:
The A200S is based upon the VESC®*-Project.
* VESC is a registered TM, owned by Benjamin Vedder