Currently working on new model V2.2 which is much smaller and lighter! Will be ready to ship Dec 2019
The A200S V2.2 is one of the smallest high current/voltage motor controllers available (110x46x30mm). Yet it packs a serious punch!
It has separate power and logic boards.
Please be careful when programming settings. Start at low currents and work up. Setting everything at max during initial setup is a bad idea.
We recommend detecting motors using the FOC motor setup wizard. This will automatically find the correct settings for your motor.
High voltage LiPo is extremely dangerous if handled incorrectly.
ALWAYS run with a fuse. We recommend a 150A fuse.
100A continuous with no additional cooling
200A continuous with forced air cooling
As the voltage increases the limitations on what motors can be run safely increase.
This table shows the rough limits at each voltage, if you are careful with settings you can exceed these limits.
|LiPo Cells||Voltage||Minimum inductance at 150A motor current||
Minimum Resistance at 150A motor current
|Minimum Switching speed||Supported Mode||Regen Braking||DC Motor support|
|14S||58.8V||2uH||8mOhm||30kHz||FOC||Yes (Inductance >4uH Resistance >15mOhm)||150A|
|12S||50.4V||4mOhm||20kHz||FOC / BLDC||Yes||150A|
|10S||42V||20kHz||FOC / BLDC||Yes||150A|
- Weight ~260g
- Dimensions Overall: 110x46x30mm
- Battery connection wire length: 10cm
- Motor connection wire length: 15cm
- 6061-T6 CNC Machined Aluminium Heatsink anodised black and laser engraved.
- MJF 3D printed Nylon 12 top cover with pinout label
- Triple XT60 input connections
- 8 AWG silicone wire output
- Motor connector - Hall sensors, encoder, temperature
- Communications connector - ADC, UART, SPI, Buttons
- CANBus connector
- PPM/Servo connector
- Integrated 0.5A 5V BEC
Motor Commutation Modes
- FOC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- BLDC - Sensorless, Hall Sensors or Encoder
- DC - For driving brushed DC motors on outputs A and C. (Can also be used as a current source or voltage source)
Motor Control Modes
- Current - Controls current to motor irrespective of duty cycle
- Duty Cycle - Controls duty cycle sent to motor irrespective of current
- PID RPM control - Controls motor RPM using a PID loop
- ADC - For use with analogue throttles, supports cruise control and reverse
- UART - For PC control using VESC®* Tool and custom applications
- CANBus - For custom applications, also supports slaving controllers and traction control
- 0-70v rating, 16 cell LiPo maximum (recommended 14S max)
- At 12S and below you can use full current capability
- At 16S we recommend setting motor current below 150A, and battery current below 80A.
- These limits are set for safety. If you would like to exceed these firmware coded limits please contact us and we can raise the limits after finding out more about your application.
- Software over current protection
- Slow temperature cutoff
- Battery voltage cutoff
Programming features - using VESC®* Tool
- Adjustable current limits, Battery and Motor current are independently controlled
- Adjustable voltage limits
- Adjustable RPM limits
- Adjustable Power limits
- Adjustable duty cycle limits
- Adjustable regenerative braking
- Adjustable throttle curves and ramping time
- Real time and Sampled Data monitoring and graphing
- Automatic motor detection and tuning.
You can now program your VESC®* via Bluetooth using the NRF module available here:
Android APP is available on the Play Store:
Help and support available here:
The A200S is based upon the VESC®*-Project.
* VESC is a registered TM, owned by Benjamin Vedder